I’m going to try to be more regular here. I just need to build a habit.
I spent the last couple days working on getting my Hugo setup working again. There have been big changes in the software and the theme changed a lot - but I had customized some things. Only the new versions took more work to fix.
With wordpress I’d do a child theme. In this case I’m not sure what is the best way to go about it. I really want the changes I make but I also want the updates that come from the regular development of the theme. We’ll see what happens.
I also tackled fixing up Atom so that it would create the front matter for new posts with no fuss. It just makes things easier. I’m using markdown-writer and slowly learning how to configure it to be the way I want.
And I did get one more wordpress blog converted to a static site. I wont be using it as it was any more. I may look into converting the old content so that I could repost it here. We’ll see.
All of this is a lot of fun. I just need to keep coming back and learning more. - JR